- Drainage maps
- Slough and loss area mapping
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) mapping
- Fertilizer prescription mapping
- Hail damage assessment
- Weed identification
- Pest identification
- Soil surface temperature mapping
- Irrigation planning
APPLICATIONS THAT HAVE proven to be beneficial IN THE AGRICULTURE SECTOR:
- It's no secret that the price of land has been increasing significantly over the last 5 years. This has caused farmers to find that in many cases, it is now more cost effective to minimize sloughs and tree rows rather than purchase additional acreage. By surveying the field to determine the acreage lost, one is able to determine if land should be cleared, and if so, how many additional acres are able to be seeded.
- Drainage planing has also proven to be very beneficial. By surveying the area, it is easy to determine area that is lost due to sloughs, estimate water volume and provide a design to efficiently drain these areas, while determining the increased acreage that can be seeded.
- Aerial surveying for plant health is quickly becoming a standard practice for farmers who are looking to ensure they are taking advantage of every opportunity to increase yields. A typical method is to reduce the rate of fertilizer applied during seeding and then survey the area once the crop has emerged to generate a Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) map. Once this is generated, the file is then uploaded to a sprayer or fertilizer spreader. The healthiest areas of the field receive more fertilizer and the areas that are drowned out or on sandy hills receive less. By creating a prescription map from the NDVI map, this method is proving to generate more bushels with the same amount of fertilizer.
- In our experience, hail damage assessment has been one of the least scientific methods used in agriculture. By conducting a multispectral survey after a hail storm and generating the NDVI map, it is simpler and much more accurate to determine areas that have received damage in your fields.
Pleasecontact usfor an estimate on your specific project as rates and details are customized to your specific requests.